Tuesday 25 August 2009

A Big Garden Project

*** waves magic wand *** ... and... *** puff of magic smoke ***

Ta Da!



The hen house has been magically transformed into a Gorgeous Thing. And, yes, in case you were wondering, it IS in Farrow and Ball Lichen (sorry, I can't help myself - I just love that Farrow & Ball paint!) Although it was really tempting to make some little Kate Forman curtains for the ventilation window and a couple of bolster cushions for the nesting box, I have resisted, and have tried to focus on getting this project properly finished!

So what next? Ah yes, it needs a safe haven in the garden - we don't want any visits from that nasty Mr. Fox. So it's over to Hubby, with help from friends and family!

Just need to knock in a few posts ...


.....looks like hard work, boys!

The kids measure how deep to whack in the posts ....



then stretch the wire between the posts - but make sure it's level!


Now, just add a bit of chicken wire...


Yup, looking good! Now just one or two things missing. Can you guess what that might be?

Oooh! I can hardly wait.

Next installment will follow very soon!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Eggsellent chicken run - well done all! Can't wait to meet the new members of the family & soooo... looking forward to that breakfast

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate every one of them and they make me smile!